Due to the fact that Hog Rider decks are super popular at this time, many players are finding it hard to choose a proper building to deal with this kind of deck. Hands down Cannon is used a lot at this time (that’s why Supercell is going to nerf it again in the upcoming May 18th update). So is Cannon really that good? Today, I am going to compare Cannon with Tombstone to see which is the best one to deal with Hog Rider!
Cannon, Tombstone and Hog Rider
Cannon is usually used to kill Hog Rider for +1 Elixir trade. People usually drop the Cannon reactively once the Hog Rider has crossed the river to prevent it from bypassing building. But sometimes, you have to place the Cannon before your opponent plays Hog Rider and sometimes you just don’t have enough Elixir to place it down.
What would make Tombstone better than Cannon?
Currently I have found that bypass building trick doesn’t work against Tombstone. Just simply place the Tombstone down in the middle whenever you want and opponent’s Hog Rider will run right at it every single time.
Here are 2 examples for you:
- Very cheap.
- Can solo kill Hog Rider if placed well.
- Easily distract Hog Rider If it is placed before opponent uses the bypass building trick.
- Works extremely well against P.E.K.K.A, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Prince, Giant Skeleton,…
Some other facts:
- Cannon has more HP than Tombstone. Hog Rider needs 3 hits to take down Cannon but 2 hits to destroy Tombstone.
- Both of them can solo kill a Hog Rider without taking any hit to a Crown Tower.
- The upcoming update is going to give Tombstone 10% more HP and 5% more damage for spawned Skeletons.
- Cannon is going to get nerf in the next update.
- Tombstone is great for both offense and defense
Images and ideas shared by Kovalevy. Source