Hi guys this is CookieMonsterCR.
Have you heard enough of ‘ding’ sounds of Battle Ram hitting your towers? Are you tired of Hogs smashing down your towers? Do you feel helpless when you see Golem slowly striding towards your doom? And you finally get giant depression when they drop that Heal on 3 Muskies and Ram?
I have one simple trick that can solve all of these problems 🙂 !!!
Night Witch aka All in one: Let’s face it, Night Witch is super good, that works good in Night defense, offense, split push (distraction).
You should use her almost every time she is in rotation
Giant Skeleton aka the slow play: GSkelly has couple uses, of course to stop big pushes with his bomb if it’s worth it, Three Muskies, Golem with support, very good against those.
If you don’t have a good play also decent to start with him in the back to force response on opponent, instead of trying to go on offense first
Miner aka Mister Counter and Split push: Miner is used to tank for the troops in counter pushes. You are often left with Night Witch, low HP GSkelly and possibly Bandit, use Miner to tank for all of those.
Additionally, you almost have to use him to “split push”, by that I mean if you see Golem, P.E.K.K.A, even Giant dropped in the back, go for a quick push with Miner one other card, they have to react, or trade the towers (which is a good thing)
Bandit aka miss All Over the Arena: Darting here and there creates a lot of threat, good to defend and counter push with.
She is a great hidden support to Skeleton as she helps him deal with medium and low HP troops, also good split push cards.
It is possible to even drop it alone on a tower with worth it trade
Poison aka The Only way to deal with Night Witch: Drop it on big incoming pushes, ALL pushes against you with Night Witch and to kill low HP troops in front of either Skeleton, or Miner (also decent for pumps)
The Log: Straight forward! Use it to knock back troops and clear way for Skeleton and Bandit
Minions: They turn out to be very useful in this deck!
Having a lot of DPS makes them decent at killing tanks, makes them a huge threat when dropped with Miner (tower kill) in a split push.
They are also good a killing small troops and distracting Inferno when dropped above Skeleton.
They are very good to counter pure bridge spam deck (good against Inferno Dragon, Night Witch, Ram, Bandit)
Arrows: In this deck, there are not that many air targeting troops, and Minion Horde was doing great damage to me, especially when paired with Heal.
Arrows is almost necessary. It helps a ton against Zap/Log bait decks rising in popularity again
I’ve tried several different options like:
- Zap: Not good enough for Minion Horde Heal;
- Tornado: This is worth to consider gives a lot more flexibility and good against other decks but couldn’t help me with 3 Musky Minion Horde Heal, if you can figure out how to utilize it in this deck.
- Guards not enough to counter pure Bridge Spam. Minions are better.
- Skeletons, not strong enough when used in split push with Miner
- -Goblin Gang, interesting substitute for Minions, but very often they get killed easily (look popularity Log vs Arrows)
I might add other possibilities if I try out something later (or somebody will comment, I may also edit)
If you see a tank (Golem, P.E.K.K.A, Giant etc) played at the back, the best play is to quickly split push.
- Miner + Minions is a great threat for the opponent’s tower. The best counter to it is Arrows (not many people run that now). Hover your finger above your opponent’s tower, tap Miner (first hand) and tap above the tower (second hand) and tap in Minions (first hand) then tap in the exact same place (second hand) for guaranteed perfect timing.
- Miner + Bandit: Can get countered a little bit more easily. Use if you know opponent don’t have good response.
- Solo Miner: With reactive (not predictive!) Log/Arrows. It’s possible that he won’t be answered, which makes defending a really hard time
- Go for Giant Skeleton Night Witch push, very hard to deal with if opponent is low on elixir, usually you end up trading towers
After split push drop in the back Night Witch (if possible, otherwise Minions) on the side which is under attack and Giant Skeleton behind the opponent’s tank, preferably attacking enemy supporting troops.
Night Witch shreds through tanks like nothing. It is really insane. If there is enemy Night Witch involved, ALWAYS POISON.
If you have an elixir advantage after the successful defense, you should consider couple ways to counterpush
- Drop Night Witch right at the bridge and after a shot delay drop Miner behind the tower. The Tower will focus on the Night Witch (not Bats, not Miner). There is literally no good way to counter this move, even Skarmy gets destroyed by 7 or 9 bats and full HP Miner very strong play
- Giant Skeleton + Night Witch: Straight forward, use if you have a big elixir advantage
- Miner + anything you got (Minions, Bandit, Night Witch) just a decent play and guarantees damage on tower. Support it with spells (maybe even predictive)
Always defend with Night Witch, she can do good against any troop and use Bats (and possibly alive Night Witch) on counter push with Miner, Bandit or both.
REMEMBER this deck is a reactive, control type not aggressive deck!
You can sit on full elixir even sometimes but do not do a strong first play, because certain decks will instantly shut you down.
The only allowed starting plays are: Bandit alone/Miner + Minions/Giant Skeleton at the very back.
During the game, always try to drop in Miner to tank for your troops after the defense. Sometimes I even manage to get the Giant Skeleton to the tower (way more possible than a P.E.K.K.A getting to the tower).
Do not feel obligated to attack one tower only
3 Musky Heal Minion Horde: Drop Poison on Night Witch, play anything on Ram, then counter push leftovers with Miner and Poison/Log.
Use Giant Skeleton on defense as a slow play, or in 2x elixir on the side with 2 Muskies (if they split, drop ONLY Giant Skeleton on that side and defend the other with Bandit + Night Witch).
Keep Arrows for Minion Horde. When opponent Pumps up, drop Miner onto it, followed by Minions and consider Poisoning also
Hog: Quite easy! Night Witch + Bandit on the Hog, do not overcommit on one side, keep some back up for opponents split push, play on counter push
Golem anything: Once the opponent dropped Golem, use the split push on the other side, then drop Night Witch at the back of the Arena to go through the Golem and use Giant Skeleton behind the Golem to tank the supporting troops (and probably blow them up)
Bridge Spam: DO NOT PLAY FIRST if not having an elixir advantage, REACT AND DEFEND. that’s the only advice you need to remember! Drop Poison in counter push or on top of the Night Witch and slowly chip away Health of tower with Miner.
Any Balloon deck (Ice Golem Balloon, Knight Balloon, Giant Balloon): keep Minions and if possible Night Witch for it and try to get it down, don’t hesitate if needed to Poison and arrow it down
Graveyard: Play Night Witch or Minions on the Graveyard, Giant Skeleton/Bandit in front to deal with support troops.
If you face Grave Poison, you can play Minions on Grave to test first, afterwards drop Bandit on the Graveyard and after about 5-6s Log everything, additionally use Minions on the tank for the Graveyard. Play the Night Witch a little bit behind the tower, the opponent will probably drop Poison further in front and completely miss the Night Witch, then counterpush.
Lavaloon: Luckily not too common nowadays.
It is really hard to play against this deck. You have to 3 crown them before they do! Go for Skeleton, Night Witch, Poison push and then Miner and Bandit. Split push and defend a little maybe with Minions, of just Poison.
I haven’t figured out the best way to deal with it, still trying (I’ll maybe edit later) things. I wasn’t able to fight against Lavaloon a lot
- Defensive Miner is not a bad thing, he has good HP and decent DPS (his damage against tower is lowered that’s why you might not feel it)
- Don’t mind cycling Log on other troops (even only for push back effect) to get to Night Witch and Bandit
- Log and Poison large pushes, everything dies a couple of second quicker
- Alone Bandit (and alone Bandit in the middle of opponent’s zone after one tower down) is an okay play to force a reaction (in fact very often people can’t react fast enough when Bandit is dropped in the middle)
- Night Witch in defense is good against almost everything!
If you’ve read this whole post a am really thankful, it took quite some time for me to write it and I feel like many people can and will benefit 😀
Any response and comments are welcome, I’ll try to answer and add to this post.
My IGN is CookieMonster #29LOQORQ feel free to add me.