Finally made it to Legendary Arena with this Clash Royale Arena 5 Deck after grinding for too long. I had a lot of fun playing this deck, and thought I’d share for a sick brag. But no, just wanted to pitch this deck and hopefully give to anyone else who enjoys playing control decks. I’ve also included a tryhard/casual tips, as unfortunately, from 2800-3000 requires being a tryhard. I kinda feel like it’s a straightforward deck, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Clash Royale Arena 5 Deck
- Play passive in beginning to scout out what deck your opponent is playing and see what counters they have. Definitely never want to over-commit early i.e. start off with a P.E.K.K.A push. Defend until you know what you’re playing against
- Win condition consists of making good elix trades throughout the match, then by using at least (+3) or higher saved up, sending a pekka in the back paired with troops. (Best time to push is double elix)
- If you want to make it a cookie-cutter deck, be persistent on going second. Use counter troops made by whatever opponent throws at you for a solid push
- Don’t be upset when making mistakes or faced w/ higher lv opponents. Even if you lose a tower early, don’t give up. There’s still time on the clock plus it’s fun playing as the underdog. Plus sometimes people let their guard down when they’re ahead and make alot of mistakes thinking it’s over
- Minion Horde is a defensive card and when zapped, place a baby drag in front of the horde to make your opponent panic! Baby drag + minions is a deadly combo
- For Pekka Push, make sure it’s paired with Baby Drag, Minions, or sometimes horde? The timing of baby drag/minions should be about 1 tile behind as the pekka crosses the bridge. This ensures that the baby drag/minions don’t just go for the tower, but support the pekka
- Using Lightning effectively is best used to take out pesky cards like wizard, ice wizard, and cannon. For wizard it’s fine to lose 1 elixir and for ice wizard/cannon, most of the time they’ll play additional troops, so wait, or bait these cards out of rotation when making a pekka push
- If you know your opponent is holding AoE, don’t play into him, but instead play 3 cards vs 3 cards until they use it
- Take a break on tilt. No point of playing while miserable. It’s not worth it
- So definitely try to memorize your opponents cards once they play them, and know what to hold to meet your win condition. I.E. If they have inferno tower, when you do go for pekka push, have barbs to place in front of Pekka. Understanding your opponents deck or playstyle is a key to winning
- Placement and Timing is KEY. Working on the timing to play barbs in front of hog so it doesn’t hit the tower will net you 1 elixir barbs! I recommend watching high level players to find out more tips and tricks! One thing I learned watching PhoneCarts was to tap, press & hold opposed to dragging out troops.
- Higher level people means every troop counts!
- Whenever you do lose, try and go back & analyze games to see where you can improve. You can always find something that’ll maybe help you in the next battle
This guide was made 2 weeks ago, but since then swapped out musketeer for archers. Made the deck alot easier to play. Also thinking about adding Flame Spirits somehow as it’s a great addition w/ Pekka
But yeah, most important tip though is to have fun and enjoy the game. Except when you’re tryharding though, don’t panic and stay solid!