Tesla is definitely one of the most underrated cards in Clash Royale. Even after lots of buffs, people still don’t have this card a firm slot in their decks. In this guide, I am going to point out the best uses of the Tesla, the advantages of using it. Hopefully after reading this small guide, you guys will give this stunning defensive building a chance!
Why you should use The Tesla
First, let’s take a look at the Tesla stats at Tournament Standard:
And now, Musketeer’s stats at Tournament Standard:
It’s obvious to see how beastly the stats of the Tesla are. With the exception of the attack range, the Tesla dominates the Musketeer.
Now, let’s talk about the matchups between the Teslas and some popular main damage dealers of the current meta game:
- Royal Giant: A well placed Tesla + any support troop can easily take out the Royal Giant. With better HP and DPS comparing to the Cannon, Tesla survives 1 extra shot while dealing a lot more damage. Also, you can try to place it exactly in the center, 2 tiles below the river. This special placement cuts the corners f both side, forces the Royal Giant to walk into your side and trigger the Hidden Tesla.
- Lava Hound: Lots of players don’t know this: Due to its high HP and DPS, the Tesla completely counters the Lava Hound and its Lava Pups. There isn’t much to say here. It works extremely well against Lava Hound!
- Giant: Obviously Inferno Tower is the best defensive building at dealing with tankers but the Tesla still does an insane amount of damage! Again, with better DPS and better HP, Tesla is still better than Cannon in this situation.
- Hog Rider: Hands down, Cannon is better at dealing with Hog Rider. Although they do the same amount of damage to the Hog Rider but Cannon is cheaper. Anyway, somehow, with better HP, Tesla could be more useful later at dealing with the supports behind.
- Miner: A well placed Tesla can easily take out the Miner, survive and even take out the support troops coming.
- Tesla is also excellent at dealing with: Baby Dragon, Inferno Dragon, Mega Minion, Knight, Valkyrie…
Remember that you can’t use the Tesla to pull troops as far as the Cannon. For the longest lure, place it somewhere in the middle.
Tesla Vs. Cannon
Tesla has better Damage, better HP.
Tesla targets both air and ground units. Most decks which have Cannon are pretty weak against air, indeed. Also, Lava Hound decks are used a lot in Challenges at the moment. So…
Tesla stays 10 seconds longer, helps you deal with lots of threats. Also, It’s totally possible to have 2 Teslas up at a time.
Tesla Vs. Inferno Tower
Tesla is cheaper: 4 Elixir Vs. 5 Elixir
Tesla is not designed to shred the beefiest tankers but it is great against almost any card. With the very fast attack speed and high damage, it’s great against not only small troops but also medium-sized troops.
Tesla is unzapable. The single Zap spell can easily ruin the Inferno Tower defense, but can’t shut down the Tesla.
|Cost||Hit Speed||Deploy Time||Lifetime||Range||Target|
|4||1 sec||1 sec||40 sec||5.5||Air & Ground|
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage||Damage per second|
One more thing, unlike both Inferno Tower and Cannon, due to its special ability, you can place the Hidden Tesla a bit early while dealing with Royal Giant with not too much worry. Also, it’s while underground, it’s invulnerable to all spells, except the Freeze.
So, what do you think about the Tesla guys? Please share your opinions! Source