It’s Blaze Stone back with another stupid-easy guide on building your own Fast Control Deck!
Let’s take a look! I bet that you guys will like this guy!
Straightforward Guide on Building/Playing Fast Control Deck
As some of you may remember I once posted a guide named ‘Control Deck 101‘ a couple of weeks back. In that guide I explained the basic idea of a control deck, how it interacts with other decks, good cards to use and a slot method for some basic control decks with examples.
But now I have decided to do a 3-part series on advanced control decks. These 3 parts will focus each on a particular type of control decks. These types are determined on their elixir cost and their speed.
So the three types are:
- Fast Control decks ( Average Cost 2.5 to 3.2 elixir)
- Medium Control decks ( Average Cost 3.3 to 3.8 elixir)
- Slow Control decks ( Average Cost 3.8 to 4.5 elixir)
So, today in the first part of the series I will talk about Fast Control Decks!
What is Fast Control Deck?
A fast control deck is basically a control deck with low average elixir cost ranging from 2.5 elixir to 3.2 elixir ( Some say that fast deck are only till 3.0 and below and above 3.0 are medium decks.
But I feel that 3.1 and 3.1 elixir decks are also pretty darn fast). These decks are pretty fast paced and depend on cycling as fast as they can.
What is the basic principle behind it?
Now, before I explain this I just want to tell you there are 2 principles ( or ways) to get ‘Control’ over your opponent and I will explain them in brief:
- Offensive Control Tactic: This requires constantly pushing with cheap mini pushes which opponent cant ignore ( Example: Hog Rider+Goblins) . The opponent has to defend or he will receive lots of damage and therefore can’t he/she can’t execute a proper push giving you an indirect control over his offense.
- Defensive Control Tactic: This tactic requires a strong defensive play with cards and synergies which give you a lot of value and elixir advantage( Example: Executioner+Tornado). This gives you control over the opponent and you can use the elixir advantage for offense.
Now, fast control decks work on the principle of ‘Offensive Control Tactic’ as these decks don’t have the relatively higher costing troops for good defense so they instead they try to restrict their offense by using offense. They follow “Strong offense is a good defense”( I think I interchanged it a bit XD).
What is the general game plan?
The general game plan of course works on the principle of offensive control.
Start your game a bit slow by building a push by placing a troop behind your king. Play less aggressive in the start but once you get to know your opponents deck and defenses start getting aggressive. The general mind set should be continuously attacking and wearing the opponents tower down, while giving him no chance for offense.
In overtime, you should cycle spells as well because you probably have weakened the tower quite a lot and due to cheap costing troops it is pretty easy.
Pros and Cons.
There isn’t a perfect deck in any meta and have pros and cons.
- Easy to make and play.
- Good on ladder and challenges.
- Cheap cost enables to out-cycle most decks and can enable to win even with spell cycle.
- Strong advantage against Slow Beatdown.
- Not good if you don’t know the art of cycling ( Thanks Lolman for giving me this term.)
- Weak against decks with 2 buildings like Siege decks.
- Defense crumble against a big push
- Strong disadvantage against Medium Siege.
What are the best win conditions?
As the deck is cheap, the win conditions should also be cheap. So the best win-conditions are:
Hog Rider: Good HP, very fast troop, decent damage and not-that-high cost and ability to synergize efficiently with most cheap troops make him the best card for Fast Control decks.
Miner: Cheap cost and ability to deal direct damage to tower makes him strong in fast control decks. Cheap troops enable a player to cycle him fast and constantly pressure. Also it synergizes well with the cheap troops who offer high damage but low HP as Miner is the opposite High HP but low damage.
Battle Ram even though isn’t that costly isn’t good for fast control decks as it isn’t real made for such decks.
Deck building tips for Fast Control Decks
Now building Fast control decks is pretty easy. This is an easy to use and effective slot method for fast control decks. But I just want to make clear that there are lot of strong decks out there in the arena who don’t follow it.
- Slot 1: Win-Condition( Hog Rider, Miner)
- Slot 2: Cheap Spell ( Zap, The Log, Arrows, Tornado*)
- Slot 3: Strong Spell( Fireball, Poison. Rocket/Lightning not recommended).
- Slot 4 and 5: Cheap troops( Troops ranging from 1-3 elixir, Ice spirit and skeleton most recommended)
- Slot 6: Cheap mini tank( Ice golem, Knight, Bandit. Miner can also be used along with Hog)
- Slot 7: Ranged Troop with high damage( Musketeer, Electro Wizard, etc.)
- Slot 8: Building( Cannon, Inferno Tower. Furnace not recommended as it is a passive building while Fast control decks are more active)
This is an efficient method to make Fast Control Decks.
Finally, the last part of this guide. Now most examples are cycle decks and just to be clear ‘Cycle isn’t an archetype. It is basically used to refer the faster type of the main archetypes).
Example 1: 2.6 Hog cycle.
Lets start with a deck we are all familiar with!
- Slot 1: Hog rider( Win condition)
- Slot 2: The Log( Cheap spell)
- Slot 3: Fireball( Strong spell)
- Slot 4: Ice spirit( cheap troop)
- Slot 5: Skeletons( cheap troop)
- Slot 6: Ice golem(Mini Tank)
- Slot 7: Musketeer( Range Troop)
- Slot 8: Cannon( Building)
Please take a look at here to read more about this deck: 2.6 Hog Cycle – The New Meta Deck
Example 2: 2.9 Miner Poison cycle
- Slot 1: Miner(Win condition)
- Slot 2: The Log(Cheap spell)
- Slot 3: Poison( Strong Spell)
- Slot 4: Ice Spirit(Cheap Troop)
- Slot 5: Skeletons(Cheap Troop)
- Slot 6: Knight(Mini Tank)
- Slot 7: Electro Wizard(Ranged Troop)
- Slot 8: Inferno Tower(Building)
We posted a similar deck before on CRA. You may want to take a look at it here.
Example 3: Hog-nado deck I got wrecked by on the ladder.
- Slot 1: Hog Rider( Win Condition)
- Slot 2: The Log( Cheap Spell)
- Slot 3: Tornado*
- Slot 4: Ice Spirit( Cheap Troop)
- Slot 5: Ice Wizard(Cheap Troop)
- Slot 6: Knight( Mini Tank)
- Slot 7: Musketeer( Ranged Troop)
- Slot 8: Cannon( Building)
*Tornado can also be used in the place of strong spell which will increase the decks defense but you will sacrifice direct damage for it. But if you cycle well and damage more easily tornado is worth it.
That’s all folks! Hope you guys like this guide and if you have any doubts ask me in the comments. I will try to submit the next guide in the series ( Control Deck 101 – Medium Control Dekcs) ASAP.
By Blaze Stone Source