Electro Giant-Bowler Deck – Push to the top!
Hello my friends, it’s yo man Norbysweg here! I’m very proud to show you this magnificent discovery of mine, a deck that has the potential to take over the ladder and tournaments, a deck which was used before, but with a powerful change.
Electro Giant-Bowler Deck
Do you remember the Giant Bowler Meta deck? Yep, good ol’ days. The Inferno Tower, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, they all used to be hard counters to this deck…but what do they have in common? The Electro Wizard gives them no chance to even touch anything.
Elite Barbarians? Don’t need ’em. I have them at level 2 so I almost never used them. They are going to be nerfed anyways!
The Electro Wizard got me so many Deck ideas. Some were good, some were bad, but this Electro Giant-Bowler Meta Deck is the best you’ll find out there! Without further ado, let’s get right into the guide!
- Electro Wizard / Musketeer – If you do this change you get the standard Giant Bowler deck, but only if you don’t have the Electro Wizard or you just want to try out the standard version. You can find Chucky’s guide here (this is the standard Giant Bowler Meta deck).
- The Log / Zap – If you don’t have the Log, you can do this change. I prefer the log because of the power it offers in this weird meta (and its pushback effect), but Zap works also pretty well.
- Mega Minion / Minions – They all do almost the same thing, both 3 Elixir, this change is totally affordable. Try it out!
Giant – Your primary win condition.
Let me say something, the Giant was always(and will always be) in the Meta no matter the updates. The basic 5 Elixir tank synergizes so well with all the cards, its simplicity makes it the first and maybe the most commonly used win condition in the game along with the Hog Rider.
I think most of us know how to use the Giant, and this Deck makes no difference. You want to use the Giant as a tank, but as a damage dealer too.
You can use him as a meat shield in desperate situations, or just to save some Elixir by soaking the damage from a Musketeer, Wizard, or other troops that come in your way and aren’t going to hurt your giant too bad.
Don’t forget to distract those troops in your side, so your Crown Tower can finish them off while they’re distracted.
A well leveled Giant is essential, because you need a well protected and well structured push in order to win.
Bowler – Your secondary win condition, what I love about this purple guy is that when he locks onto the Tower, he covers a huge area, denying your opponent to play any small ground troops on that area.
- He is essential on defense, especially with frequent Hog Rider and Elite Barbarians players.
- He also counters Spawners very effectively, especially because huts like Furnace and Barbarian Hut are very commonly used as win conditions.
- Bowler is also a solid counter to the Graveyard, so this Deck dominates in Tournaments.
I’ve commonly seen Golem Decks, luckily the Boulders go past many troops, so the Bowler is the ultimate load push destroyer here. Just picture a straight line in your mind and place this big dude accordingly, so it damages all the enemy troops.
Mega Minion – This single high-damaging flying troop, which survives lots of spells, earns its place in almost any deck.
Use the Mega Minion as your main air defense unit, use it as a support killer in some situations, use it to finish off Elite Barbs or Hog, or use it to support your Giant for a solid push when you have the Elixir advantage.
No special use for the Mega Minion, just there for solid Air Defense, All-Round capabilities and the insane value it offers.
You can take a look at this guide for more tips on using Mega Minion: Ultimate Guide to Mega Minion
Electro Wizard – If you are lucky enough to have him, then you most likely know how to use his beast.
Use his spawn damage to clear out a group of small troops coming in your way, use him on the other side to reset your enemy’s Inferno Tower, use him to counter incoming threats, use him in Giant pushes.
After all he is just a legendary Musketeer, so you should use him to “counter his counters”.
Tombstone – “The New Pump”, this Skelly Spawner is used to automatically reinforce your Giant pushes, to defend against Hogs and Elite Barbarians, to drag Tanks by planting it on a 4×3 plant (4 tiles from your Crown Tower the Tank is coming to and 3 tiles from your King Tower).
Its low cost and great overall capacities make the Tombstone one of the best buildings in the game right now.
Lightning – The basic tool for taking out your enemy’s counters for 100% positive Elixir trades 100% profit and 100% legit.
Some say it’s got out of fashion, but still, Lightning remains the spell which is the most effective at destroying pushes, destroying counters, stunning making units retarget, you want to use it a little later in the game, or when you have a great opportunity.
Timing is the key, just be confident and watch those King’s Cup Lightning decks and focus on how and when they play the Lightning.
Read more: Why you should use Lightning
The Log – One of the best spells in the game right now.
The Log can push back and stun everything for a little while.
Takes out the Skarmy easily, takes out lots of little troops, takes out a weakened Tombstone AND the skeletons, it’s just a great spell, maybe the best in the game.
For more tips about the Log you can take a look at here.
Arrows – One word: “Minion Horde”.
With the raise of bait decks, this card gives me a lot of trouble when attacking.
Arrows is a great spell anyway, it covers a large radius and it can destroy lots of distractions for your Bowler and Mega Minion.
After some tests I found out that the Arrows fit the best in this Deck.
Early Game – The Tombstone is your best starting hand. Try to build up your push slowly, don’t rush, only if he plays something really expensive in the back. This deck is built around strong defense and solid offense, you should try to fill out almost every weakness with your push: if he has Minion Horde, save up your arrows for them, if he plays Musketeer, prepare your Lightning, etc.
Late Game – Here things get spicy. You need to build up a huge push on the most preferable lane(which is easier to take out). If he counters your push, then you need to change your playstyle a bit. Try to rush the other lane, try to defend, then push, go for the draw, depends on the situation. Most battles will end in a 1 or 2 Crown, so don’t overpush for the 3 Crown if you’re not sure.
These are the pushes you can make through the battle. Most of the time it depends on the situation, but it’s good to know what you can do and when.
- Giant + Bowler – Do this to punish your opponent if he commited a lot, this is the basic push you want to do.
- Giant + Bowler + Mega Minion – Most of the time you’ll end up doing this push. Very solid and powerful.
- Giant + Bowler + Electro Wizard – If you have trouble with ranged troops or Inferno Tower, try to assembly this push.
- Giant + Bowler + Mega Minion + Electro Wizard – This is the push you’ll most likely repeat in Double Elixir time, just don’t forget, Lightning makes the difference. Take a moment to see how he answers to your push and find the most efficient way to deal with it.
Note: Lightning and the other spells can be added when doing these pushes, depending on the situation.
- Elite Barbarians – These guys are all over the place, just make sure they don’t have a Hog Rider. If they have one, use the Tombstone to counter that and save the Bowler for the Elite Barbarians. Easy as that.
- Lava Hound – Your Mega Minion and Electro Wizard are there for you, just be sure to tank for them, so they can freely take out the Lava Hound and the support troops after.
- Royal Giant – Just try to push the same side, once Double Elixir time, you will be unstoppable and you’ll fill the lane with your troops. Try your best to defend until then.
- Miner – These guys won’t be able to push again if you play correctly, just like against the Royal Giant: try your best to defend, then send a big push and destroy them.
- Beatdown decks (Golem, Giant) – Your Bowler can go through the support troops, just play it safe and take them by surprise.
- Balloon Freeze – Your Electro Wizard can entirely stop the Balloon from damaging the tower, you can easily take out the balloon with the Mega Minion and lure it with the Tombstone. These decks should give you no problem at all. Just don’t put these two in the same push as your opponent could catch you off guard with a counterpush.
Thanks for taking the time to read this guide! I think this deck has huge potential and can get anyone easy wins.
Good luck and see you later!