Hello guys, the new Clash Royale Legendary card, Graveyard, is going to be released in just next a few hours. I strongly recommend you take a look at this guide to see every all of the important information about this incredible Legendary card. A big thanks to Orange Juice for sharing the incredible information and the video as always!
Clash Royale Graveyard
- The Graveyard is unlocked from the Arena 5 (Spell Valley).
- It has a 5 tile radius and spawns up to 20 Skeletons during its 10s lifetime.
- Similar to Goblin Barrel, Miner, Fireball… It can be placed anywhere on the map.
- Skeletons spawns randomly within the spell area.
- The Graveyard is easy to counter itself but it’s incredible when coupled with the right cards. A lone Graveyard can almost kill an unprotected Tower so consider casting it when you have a huge Elixir advantage.
|5||5||Ground||10 sec||x20||0.5 sec||Spell|
|Spell Level||Skeleton Level|
Some Special Tips on using Graveyard
- It has to be supported. Again, don’t play the Graveyard alone otherwise it will be a five Elixir donation!
- Don’t throw it at a Tower without supporting it, unless you like negative trades.
- The Graveyard has a pretty slow load time, 1.5 seconds. This must be taken into consideration while using it.
- As the Skeletons spawn differently each time played, the Graveyard usually deals between 1800-2300 damage to a Tower which can 1 shot Skeleton.
If you want to have success with the Graveyard, you need to understand its best placements. Below are the safest positions to play the Graveyard without worrying about the King’s Tower. The second one is better because all of the Skeletons don’t clump up near the all, making it harder to counter.
This is going to be the basic guide on using the very lucrative and unique Legendary card in Clash Royale, the Graveyard! This guide will also show you how to counter the Graveyard and what to watch out for while dealing with it.
How to Counter Graveyards, Common Counters and How to Counter the Counters
Common counters and how to counter the counters
- Valkyrie is one of the hardest counters to the Graveyard. You can use Rocket + Zap to deal with her but it would be a HUGE negative Elixir Trade! Luckily we don’t see Valkyrie too much in the current meta game. Freeze is also a great counter to her!
- Baby Dragon: Another very hard counter to the Graveyard. Only Rocket and Freeze can stop him from hurting our Skeletons. Try to bait him out by using swarm troops before using your Graveyard.
- Skeleton Army is a very effective counter If you don’t have Arrows, Zap, Fireball or The Log to deal with it.
- Minion Horde/Minions: Use Arrows/Fireball.
- Barbarians: Use Fireball to weaken them and the Tower. Great trade!
- Ice Wizard/Musketeer/Witch/Electro Wizard etc: Fireball!
- Spear Goblins/Goblins: Zap!
- Guards: Work very well against Graveyard but luckily people don’t use Guards a lot these days. If you see Guards, Arrows the Shield and Zap the Guards (not a good trade).
- Three Musketeers: Fireball says Hello.
- Archers: Great counter to the Graveyard. People usually place them at the very behind so have your Fireball ready there!
So basically Valkyrie and Baby Dragon are the hardest counters to the Graveyard. If you don’t have Freeze in your hand, there is nothing can stop them!
Archetypes and Synergy
Next, let’s see what archetypes work well with our Graveyard!
This deck archetype especially shines with the Graveyard. As we all know, the goal of the beatdown archetype is to take out the opponent’s Tower in a huge push, and the Graveyard is not different. If you use a big tank such as P.E.K.K.A, Giant, Golem etc, you will make the most of the Graveyard because the tank soaks all of the damage while the Skeletons accumulate quickly on the Tower, taking out the Tower in the blink of an eye.
It seems pretty hard to counter this one but it is actually not! If your opponent goes all in with the Graveyard + Giant Combo, which Is 10 Elixir, you can use Tombstone + Guards to counter their push, gaining the +4 positive Elixir trade. Then, you can use a 4 Elixir card such as the Hog Rider on the counter push when the Guards are about to cross the river.
The downside of this combo is that it is very expensive.
Above is a great Beatdown-Tank deck for you, which was shared by Chief Pat!
This archetype uses a very fast card like Prince, Elite Barbarians or Hog Rider. These very fast cards pair extremely well with the Graveyard as they can catch your opponent very off-guard, especially when they are low on Elixir.
You can beat this archetype by placing a building in the middle and a counter to the Graveyard at the Tower.
The downside of this archetype is again, it is very expensive and hard to get the blitz card to the Tower.
Above is the super-mega-ultra-famous Hog Graveyard shared by Ash before on CRA:
Since the main goal of this archetype is to get positive Elixir trades and using them on the counterpush that your opponent can’t stop, it fits perfectly with the Graveyard.
Since the Graveyard is a win condition, all other cards are usually defensive cards and Graveyard is always used on the counterpush during the x2 Elixir time. Grave Bowler Control Deck is a very popular deck you will want to use.
To counter this kind of deck, you should play passively against it and try to overwhelm them during the x2 Elixir time with a huge push. Otherwise you can constantly chip away their Towers with Miner.
Above is the insane Graveyard Control Deck shared by Coltonw83 before on CRA!
Currently Cycle Decks are flourishing with the Graveyard. Basically, your main goal while using Cycle Deck is to keep cycing your tank and the Graveyard. Cheap mini tanks like Miner or Ice Golem work very well in this deck. Miner Graveyard combo is an amazing strategy which can easily catch your opponent off-guard.
To counter this playstyle, try to keep up your opponent’s cards and be sure you have the right counter in your hand.
Above is the Graveyard Miner Deck shared by icantthinkofnamehelp before on CRA!Advertisement
Some Specific Cards which synergize with the Graveyard: Most cards which have above 500HP can work pretty well with the Graveyard. The best ones you want to try are: Ice Golem, Knight, Valkyrie, Giant, Mega Minion and some other Mini-Tanks!
When to use the Graveyard?
The Graveyard is the card which needs a very precise timing. Knowing when to use it is very crucial.
Usually, you want to use Graveyard when you have supporting troops which left over from a defense to counterpush with it on offense.
In beatdown decks, usually in the x2 Elixir, you start launching a huge push from the back and start adding support troops and the Graveyard when the tank reaches the bridge.
The optimal time to use Graveyard is usually the double Elixir time as Graveyard is a fairly expensive card.
Shared by Summer4president
What do you think about this new card my friends? Please share your opinions. Also, If you are lucky enough to pull out this card from chests, feel free to share your screenshots here xD.